If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
32. There is another that beareth witness of me;
and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
33. Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the
34. But I receive not testimony from man: but these
things I say, that ye might be saved.
35. He was a burning and a shining light: and ye
were willing for a season to rejoice in his light.
24. And when the messengers of John were departed, he began
unto the people concerning John, What went ye out into the wilderness
for to see? A reed shaken with the wind?
25. But what went ye out for to see? A man clothed in soft
raiment? Behold, they which are gorgeously apparelled, and live
delicately, are in kings' courts.
26. But what went ye out for to see? A prophet? Yea, I say unto you,
and much more than a prophet.
27. This is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger
before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
28. For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is
not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but he that is least in
the kingdom of God is greater than he.
5. Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7. But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became
obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven,
and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11. And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.